Go to Research page for scientific links …...
Research on the reaction of Red Light Therapy, Near-Infrared and Far-Infrared Light Therapy in addition to Blue Light Therapy on living cells were initially conducted on plants, then animals (originating with horses), then to humans.
As the WellBeam Patch is manufactured in Australia, and is not currently TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration) registered, medical claims for human use cannot be made, regardless of the abundant clinical trials and scientific research conducted.
Animal research however is vastly different, and as with most medical breakthroughs, started with testing on our four legged friends first.
Veterinary medicine uses Near-Infrared Light Therapy to treat sprains, bone fractures, and to speed the healing of wounds. Studies have shown Near-Infrared Light to accelerate the production of ATP in Mitochondria cells, reducing pain, repairing nerve damage, improving circulation, reducing inflammation and accelerating healing. As living cells are designed to repair, energy is often all that is missing. The WellBeam Patch Near-Infrared light therapy device provides that energy, in a safe, highly effective manner.
- Studies have shown when placed against bone, stem cell production can increase, improving a wide range of health issues.
- When placed against a large artery, white blood cells (Leukocytes) can increase, boosting the immune system. Near-Infrared Light Therapy is proving to increase the healing in most conditions.
Veterinary medicine uses Red Light Therapy to treat skin conditions, and to speed the healing of wounds. Studies have shown Red Light to accelerate the production of ATP in Mitochondria cells (Organelles). These organelles reside within every living cell in plants, humans and animals. The vast majority of skin issues benefit from the use of Red Light therapy.
- Visible red light can also accelerate the production of pain relieving endorphins, soothing itchy skin and relieving post-surgical pain. Often used in Laser form, many Veterinarian clinics offer this treatment.
- In addition to reducing inflammation, reducing nerve damage, Red Light Therapy can also improve circulation and the function of the lymphatic system and thyroid.
- Minor skin infections are able to recover quickly with less scar tissue.
- Placed against bone, stem cell production can increase, improving a wide range of health issues.
- As 660nm Red Light has also shown to improve hair growth, skin conditions causing hair/fur loss would also benefit greatly from this amazing light spectrum.
- There are no adverse side affects to red light therapy.
Animal studies have shown Blue Light Therapy to be highly beneficial for bacterial, fungal, viral and many insect bite related skin conditions. Many types of Pupae, Larvae, eggs and even Staphylococcus Aureus have been shown to be destroyed with Blue and Ultraviolet Light. If used in daylight hours, there are no adverse side effects to the single light spectrum's use against the body, and with some impressive studies completed, Blue Light Therapy should be considered the first treatment used for the vast majority of skin conditions.
- The WellBeam Patch is flexible and can be rested against.
- In this image: Hip fracture being treated with the WellBeam Patch Red Combination device
The Equine industry has used Near-Infrared and Red Light Therapy for many years on torn ligaments, tendons, injury and muscle fatigue.