Testimonials provided by customers give a good indication of how many, and how varying, Testimonials (wellbeam.com.au) There are thousands of published documents peer reviewed, in addition to clinical trials and scientific research. All indicate or show the significant benefits Red Light Therapy provides, with no adverse side effects.
THE SCIENCE OF LIGHT
LED (light emitting diodes) light therapy is now being recognised by leading edge scientists as and extremely effective method of influencing positive physiological reactions in our bodies. LLLT or low-level light therapy, is being used with great effect in many countries around the world. Whilst the science is not new – Egyptians were known to use 'solar therapy', and UV therapy won Nils Finsen a Nobel prize in 1904 – we are privileged to now have access to vast amounts of scientific data that supports its use and shows its significant and very exciting healing potential.
We are all aware that white light is a spectrum which can be broken down into single colours. Scientific research is now showing that each individual colour has its own specific benefit for well-being and health when applied to our body. In fact, light penetrates the body very easily and with very little energy required. This is because we are comprised of around 60% water.
Scientists have also discovered that the nature of the light emission will affect cells in very specific ways. They found that a pulsed light excited cells, resulting in increased protein creating, and thus an increased the rate of cellular healing. Conversely, a continuous beam quietens cells causing them to relax and rest, resulting in significant pain relief due to reduced inflammation and relaxation of body muscle fibres!
HOW LIGHT HELPS OUR BODY
Each colour has it's own spectrum which penetrates the body to differing depths, and each has it's own physical benefit to the body, whether infra-red, red, blue or green. However, the research did show very clearly that as red light nears the end of its band, i.e. 660nm, the rate of cellular regeneration increased dramatically, resulting in rapid generalised tissue repair.
LED applied light has been shown to improve acute healing time by up to 5 times over and scientific research on LED use in chronic conditions showed that it stimulated cellular regeneration and repair.
The use of LED has become widely recognised in the scientific community as beneficial for applying individual coloured light for its low energy requirements and the manner in which it diffuses light, rather than a laser which is focused. More specifically, RED light in LED form has been shown in studies to stimulate healing, reduce pain and inflammation plus many more amazing and beneficial health impacts when absorbed by the body. It has been found that red light penetrates the body from a depth of 10mm to 40mm making it extremely effective for treating vital organs, blood disorders, and encouraging relief for bone and join pain, tissue disorders, and deep muscle pain and tension.
Research showed that RED LED light near 630nm is particularly effective in the treatment of 'close to the surface' body problems such as wounds, cuts, cars trigger and acupuncture points and infections. At 700nm wavelength, the red light LED can promote tissue repair, stimulate healing and pain relief in organs, bones, joints and deep muscles, making it the perfect addition for those wanting to address their health issues in a natural, non-invasive way.
WELLBEAM THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS
The science that supports the WellBeam's therapeutic benefits is clear. Below is a list of the therapeutic effects of low-level light therapy such as the WellBeam LED hand held device.
- Promotes the improvement of cellular metabolism of Nitric Oxide which in turn improves the regulation of vasodilation and the formulation of new capillaries.
- Increases blood flow which leads to higher blood oxygenation and nutrient transportation to cells, thus encouraging a vast array of biochemical processes that promote healing and regeneration at a local, and systemic level.
- Promotes synthesis of ATP (Adenosine tri-phosphate) which is essential in the metabolic action of all cellular processing.
- Encourages nerve transmission, allows the relaxation of muscles and reduces nerve excitability to reduce musculoskeletal pain and tension.
- Facilitates the reduction of inflammation and swelling to reduce the pain of chronic conditions such as tendonitis, arthritis and bursitis.
- Assists in fibroblast activity to accelerate repair body tissue such as bone, ligaments and tendons.
- Encourages wound healing and reduces scarring
- promotes the formation and repair of connective tissue such as collagen fibres and encourages tissue granulation to improve would healing time for ulcers, surgical and non-surgical
- Stimulates RNA/DNA synthesis which speeds up the replacement of damaged cells and increases cell reproduction.
- Relieves oedema and the discomfort of welling and fluid retention by increasing the action of the lymphatic system.
- Stimulates the production of endorphins and enkephelins which assist in pain relief, elevate the mood, and improve coping mechanisms for heightened stress.
- Facilitates stress resilience and relief from long term pain by stimulating adrenal activity.
The therapeutic benefits of LED therapy are now well known to science. At Low Light Therapy, it is our wish to bring this knowledge and the technology within reach of all Australians so that we can all stimulate the amazing healing potential that is inherent and available within our own bodies.